Vera Wang runway features hair by Fekkai/Paul Hanlon s 2013 Fashion Week
This is the signature Paul Hanlon.
It looks like spun sugar to me!
Paul Hanlon created a very dry, fabric like texture to build a turban inspired up-do for the Vera Wang show this season. The style is a poetic take on weathered hair.
Get this look at home:
- Prep the hair by heavily applying Fekkai Strong Hold Volume Mousse throughout the hair.
- Power dry the hair until it is completely dry and then brush it out.
- Starting at the back of the head and take a section of the hair and backcomb it from the roots to ends.
- Spray the section with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray then run a straightening iron through it and brush through. Repeat this process section by section over the entire head.
- Flip your hair forward and lightly brush it from the nape of your neck to the ends.
- While the hair is still flipped, split it into two sections. Cross the two sections of hair over each other at the front of the head.
- Put your head upright and and wrap the sections around your head, pinning them down as you wrap. The pins can be roughly placed with your hands in various places to give the look a raw/savage look.
- Once the hair is pinned around, go through and pull some pieces towards the back of the head and down.
- Finish the look by pulling a few strands out towards the back with your hands and spray thoroughly with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray.
All Products by Fekkai: Fekkai Full Blown Volume Mousse ($25; Fekkai COIFFTM Sheer Hold Hairspray ($25); AVAILABLE AT FEKKAI.COM, FEKKAI SALONS, NORDSTROM, NEIMAN MARCUS, SAKS FIFTH AVENUE.