Met Ball 2014: Diane Krueger
The Look: Sophisticated, Glamorous Hollywood
Miki and Diane went for a modern day take on a 40’s style hair look to complement Diane’s chic Jason Wu for Hugo Boss floor length gown. Inspired by the 40’s, Miki wanted to create a sophisticated yet sleek and glamorous look that falls right above the neckline.
Here’s how Miki created Diane’s look:
- First prep clean hair with a tennis ball sized Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying it section by section throughout the hair for touchable volume, shine and texture.
- On naturally dry hair, spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray throughout, to protect hair from heat styling, while adding shine. Then, blow dry for a soft look and feel.
- With a middle part, begin to pull the hair back tightly starting at the nape of the neck, and secure it into a low ponytail.
- To create texture, tease the ends of the ponytail and spritz with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray. After hairspray has been added, brush out the hair for touchable texture.
- Wrap the low ponytail around a cylinder foam roll, until the ends meet, and it forms a circular, almost sculpture-like chignon just above the neckline. Fan out the bottom of the shape, and secure with pins underneath.
- To finish, secure the chignon with elastic, and spray with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray for a polished and shiny end look.