81st Oscar Night Fashion Predictions from Celeb Stylist Lawrence Zarian
RED CARPET GLAMOUR FROM LAWRENCE ZARIAN, “THE FASHION GUY” FROM
ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT, LIVE WITH REGIS AND KELLY AND TV GUIDE NETWORK.
The Oscars are right around the corner and for Award Season ’09 the theme on the red carpet is all about color and class. Hollywood’s A-list beauties are definitely bringing glamour back to the red carpet
while keeping it simple and elegant with a “less is more attitude”.
• Old Hollywood glamour is still the rage before hitting the red.
From double Golden Globe winner Kate Winslet in her black satin floor
length Yves Saint Lauren with simple, stunning jewels by Chopard to
Anne Hathaway in her crystal laden white Azzaro gown with Cartier
Jewels at the SAG Awards, it’s one color dressing at it’s finest.
• Major color is back on the red, from cool crimson to powerful purple
to beautiful blues. Don’t let the color control you, you control and
carry the color.
• The key accessory on the red carpet is not a handbag or shoes, it’s
showing off your shoulders, from strapless statements such as
Christina Applegate in a gorgeous emerald green, one shoulder gown by
Emanuel Ungaro at the SAG Awards, to Eva Longhoria Parker working the
red in her body hugging strapless crimson red Reem Acra fishtail gown,
at this years Golden Globes.
• From Anne Hathaway to Hollywood IT Girl Freido Pinto, the hair is
sleek and slicked back with the emphasis on the face, featuring smokey
eyes and stained lip.
• For the women, belts, ruffles and bling are heavy hitters in this
game called fashion while plunging necklines seem to be striking out
due to the wrong fit and wrong designer on the right girl.
• Regarding those Hollywood hunks, if you have the confidence and
inner star power to lose your tie, take it off like Brad Pitt did so
effortlessly in Tom Ford at the SAG Awards. Finish off your look with
a pocket square to match your stunning arm candy, like Brad did with
his cornflower blue pocket square, complimenting Angie’s draping Max
Azria gown. Star Style at it’s finest.
• Tom Cruise showcased a lean and mean silhouette in his double
breasted tuxedo at the Golden Globes, while most of the other men on
the red, leaned towards the single breasted tuxedo with narrow lapels
and two-button closures.
• For men, classic and elegant styles re key when dressing for the red
carpet. From pocket squares to cuff links, the looks are definitely
more polished with an old Hollywood finish.
• ‘WATCH TV GUIDE NETWORK LIVE ON THE ACADEMY AWARDS RED CARPET
BEGINNING SUNDAY FEBRUARY 22nd at 3PM/2PM CENTRAL.”
• “Academy Awards Fashion Wrap with Lisa Rinna and Lawrence Zarian,
premiering Monday February 23 at 8/7c also on TV Guide Network.”