National Burger Day – May 28
Today is National Burger Day! Rumors of free burgers abound, but can’t be confirmed. I asking what your fav burgers are – not just good stuff, but can’t-get-out-of-your-mind-for-years-after-eating. So just hours after trainer Jillian Michaels of “The Biggest Loser” getting posted, it is time to list a few suggested Best Burger joints:
My two picks:
- Mike’s at the Crossroads 84 Corona Rd., Petaluma, CA : A garlic burger to die for. The thing is stuffed with a bazillion roasted garlic. Great ambiance in a former stockyard. Die-hard NY Jets fan decorated. NO FRIES!
- Madison Bear Garden 316 W 2nd St Chico, CA 95928: The first and only time I’ve ever seen a Bacon Peanut Butter Burger. I have been craving them ever since.
I did have a little hole in the wall in Wisconsin that had mouthwatering thin burgers, but it had a fire a few years back and I think has morphed into something else. Flanagan’s? Bar next to a cemetery in Brookfield – never could tell if it was open.
Here are some other recommendations that came in:
- Fred’s: 596 N Pine Street Burlington, WI 53105 This has had numerous mentions.
- Sobelman’s: 1900 W Saint Paul Ave Milwaukee, WI
- Vinny’s Pizza on Timberlake/Lori’s on 221 in Central Virginia: ” (same owners) has really good burgers. Comes with potato chips (store made.)“
What burger is getting your attention today?