October 31 is the last night to enter for the Clarisonic Giveaway! Follow instructions on this post for this $250 value skincare system for the face and body. It is amazing! As one of our entrants, Valerie, mentioned, it is the most beautiful model Clarisonic offers. Good luck!
Nails Night Out NYC was a success as brands and beauty lovers gathered to hear about new launches, swap, and talk polish. Top lacquer brands that attended included:
- Rescue Beauty Lounge
- No Miss Nail Care
- Priti NYC
- Color Club Nail Polish
- Flutterby Beauty
- Anise Cosmetics
- No6 Nails
Zoya Nail Polish
Forsythe Cosmetic Group
Jesses Girl Cosmetics
OC Nail Art
Guys liked it too!
Do all of those little bottles make you dizzy with delight? Me too.
There is promise of a national tour, with the next stop in Atlanta in February 2010. To keep updated visit NailsNightOut website (under construction) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to mailing list.
You read right. That hottie of fashion trends Joe Zee is selecting a few lucky men in dire need of a makeover. Ladies, you can nominate! Make it snappy – you only have until Nov 2nd to get in a photo of the both of you to AtoZee@hfmus.com and don’t forget to include a few lines for why he should be selected. You could see yourselves in an upcoming issue of Elle. (I think I’m nominating the His & Her jacket couple)
Our final look for Halloween 2009 is inspired by a blockbuster book and cable series. True Blood/Twilight took vampires and night worship to another level for millions of fans, and you can show your allegiance to the dark side as Victoria. Described as “feline” with a “terrible beauty” Victoria’s locks are long, flowing and captivating. Pantene Stylist Danilo shares with Solessence how to get this look without wigging out:
1. Start by using the Pantene Pro-V Moisture Renewal Shampoo to hydrate hair for a good styling base
2. Apply the Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Mousse to damp hair for lightweight hold and added shine
3. Blow-dry hair using a natural or combination bristle brush
4. Curl hair using a 1-inch curling iron wrapping hair from tip to root to create tight curls; for defined curls, hold each section of hair in curl formation as it cools after removing iron
5. Pull hair half-up starting approximately ½ inch above the ears and secure with a clip or bow
6. Apply the Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Frizz control Anti-Humidity Hairspray to hair keep curls smooth and frizz-free
Have a great Halloween, and if you try any of these looks, please share your photo!
Solessence brings you four looks through Friday – inspiration for Halloween Hair. Each of these looks takes after a celluloid celeb, so you can try these during the day, and well after the witching hour.
Thursday: Betty Draper of Mad Men
Wednesday: Uhura of Star Trek
Tuesday: Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf
Neiman Marcus offers His & Her airplanes. Wauwatosa offers His & Her coats.
This just might be taking the “love makes couples look alike over time” thing too far.