Looking for Halloween inspiration? For Solessence readers, Pantene enlisted the help of top makeup artists Erica Whelan and Kerrie Urban to create a step-by-step for the hottest looks this Halloween. No Big Bird here! Try the long, flowing locks of The Hunger Games’ Katniss Everdeen for a little treat.
Get the look at home!
1. Start with a clean face and dry hair.
2. Use a dollop of Pantene Beautiful Lengths Strengthen and Smooth Finishing Crème to add texture and smooth frizziness.
3. Starting on the side where the hair is parted, pull a fairly large section of hair from behind the ear to start a reverse French braid – almost like a corn row.
4. Grab small sections as you go, making sure the braid is tight.
5. Angle to braid so it swoops down around the neck.
6. Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band.
7. Take about an inch of hair from around the face and wiggle it out of the braid.
8. Loosely wrap that section of hair around the barrel of a curling iron and set.
9. Spray hair with Pantene Pro-V Stylers Anti-Humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray.
10. Pull out another strand of hair on the opposite side and let it hang loose or pin it back if it’s too long.
11. Starting at the top, massage the braid to pull it apart loosely so it’s not super structured.
12. Once complete, the braid should look a little bit messy.
13. Remember to keep makeup simple because Katniss is a hunter. Start with COVERGIRL + Olay Powder in a shade darker than your normal skin tone to warm up the complexion. Apply where the sun would naturally tan your face…
14. Use COVERGIRL Outlast All-Day Lipcolor on lips and cheeks to create a subtle sunburn effect.
15. Coat the top and bottom lashes with COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume mascara.
16. When you’re finished, you should have a wilderness look, like you’ve been hunting for days!Read More