Minx has a lot going on right now, including upcoming releases of rose gold and copper (!) but first up is stylist Brandon Webb’s new collection. If you follow on FB, a few of these have been leaked out to everyone’s satisfaction. My favorite of this group is the above Star Chaser, but there are other fun ones including a Year of the Snake and a galaxy nail that drew lots of “wants”. Take a peek and get your ordering on in the Minx Tasting Room. Pros use your login for appropriate pricing.
YEAR OF THE SNAKE
A few of you are asking about Asphalt color swatch. I don’t think my search is that defined on the site, but here is a sample. It looks the same in Shellac, which is the bottom photo (matte out). What are you planning on doing with your color?
Anne Hathaway came away a winner at the 19th annual Golden Globes for her portrayal as Fantine in Les Miserables. Her look was equally award-winning. She appeared effortlessly glamorous in a sheer black Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown, and swept up pixie created by Fekkai stylist Adir Abergel. Her look was finished with Chanel makeup and a raspberry toned lip by makeup artist Kate Lee, and white hot nails by L’Oreal’s Tom Bachik. See below for more info:
Follow Adir’s tips for Solessence readers to recreate Anne’s look using Fekkai products.
1. Begin with wet hair and apply Fekkai COIFF Bouffant Lifting and Texturizing Spray Gel to roots. Create texture at your ends with Fekkai COIFF Oceanique Tousled Wave Spray.
2. Using a comb, create a deep part to your preferred side.
3. Next, dry hair with a diffuser to work with hair’s natural texture. Gently run fingers through hair and sweep it back from the face to create lift at the roots
4. Finish with a light misting of Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray to keep the effortless look in place all evening.
Tom Bachik is on a run with bright white nails, and Anne Hathaway started with a base of L’Oreal in “I Will” followed by what sounds like a spontaneous raid of the makeup artist’s case – that’s where Tom found the butterfly appliques! Love the random placement and how it so delicately ties in with her gown and jewelry.
Hugh Jackman admiring Anne’s manicure
Thanks to Celebrity stylist Renato Campora and the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series for sharing the steps to get “Thirty Dark Zero” nominee Jessica Chastain’s gorgeous locks.
The Look: Classic, Hollywood Glam with a Natural Feel
Renato and Jessica went for a classic and glamorous look with a soft, natural feel. This effortless glam style evokes a Hollywood sophistication that complements her Alexander McQueen strapless gown and Harry Winston jewelry.
Here’s how Renato created Jessica’s look:
1. First start by prepping wet hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse for lightweight volume.
2. Then spritz Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to protect hair while blow-drying it.
3. Blow dry hair with a round brush until it’s dry. Then, part the hair on the side to give hair extra volume.
4. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron, curl the ends for 10 seconds and remove for a soft wave. Once the hair cools, brush the curls out with a thin comb to soften the look.
5. To finish, spray a brush with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extra Firm Hold Hairspray and smooth back the hairs around the face. Finally, mist with hairspray to hold hair in place, while leaving it with lots of natural movement.
About Vidal Sassoon Pro Series
Vidal Sassoon Pro Series is perfected by experts and deeply rooted in our founder’s expertise and original vision that all women should have good hair. This affordable, salon-inspired line provides women with everything they need to personalize and create beautiful looks at home. The new line offers five care and styling sub-collections, one styling and finishing collection and an at-home color kit available in 18 exceptionally vibrant shades. Vidal Sassoon Pro Series is available in January 2013 at mass retailers. For more information, visit www.vidalsassoon.com