Jennifer Lawrence could not miss the 19th annual SAG Awards. Even walking pneumonia couldn’t keep the twice nominated “Silver Linings Playbook” (and winning) actress away, and she still managed to look stunning while under the weather.
Decked out in Christian Dior Couture, she graced the gown with a 38-carat diamond necklace, emerald-cut 6-carat diamond studs, and a diamond ring , all from Chopard. Her Jimmy Choo “Tease” sandals graced her feet, but it was her cascading curls that gave her a kiss of health.
Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend gives Solessence readers the background for his inspiration and steps so you can try this at home or for your stylist at the salon:
“For the Screen Actors Guild Awards I was inspired by Old Hollywood glamor, so I wanted Jennifer’s hair to show that influence and inspiration, but I wanted it to be young and very modern as well.
– To get her side swept waves, I started by applying a nickel size amount of the new Dove Color Care Leave On Conditioner into Jennifer’s damp hair; she’s colored her hair so much lately so her hair needs added moisture and protection.
– Next, I loaded her hair with the Dove Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried with a large round brush. To give her hair a loose wave, I wrapped sections of hair varying from 2 to 5 inches around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, leaving the ends out.
– Then, I took a small amount of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands, rubbed my hands together, and then raked my fingers through the waves to break them up and give the hair amazing shine.
– I then took the hair from the right side, twisted it, and then pinned it in the back with a few bobby pins. To give the hair a cool, lived-in texture I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray from mid-length to ends and scrunched with my hands.
– As always, I finished by spraying Dove Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray liberally all over to keep her hair in place all night and give the hair even more shine.”