Posted by hillary on Sep 24, 2012 in Beauty, Celeb-essence |
For the Emmy Awards, Zooey Deschanel’s powder blue Reem Acra gown was the inspiration for her Old Hollywood updo created by Stylist Mara Roszak. “We both decided her hair should be up and off the neck,” Roszack said, “keeping the hair soft, feminine and elegant.”
Get this look at home!
- Mara started by applying the Pantene Normal to Thick Flowing Body Mousse to Zooey’s damp hair.
- She then blew out Zooey’s hair with a boar bristle brush and set it in rollers for extra volume.
- To begin the styling process, Mara sprayed Pantene Fine Hair Style Touchable Volume Hairspray all over to help set the hair.
- Mara removed the rollers, and then gently brushed the hair out.
- For visual interest, Mara used a fine tooth comb to create a 60’s inspired bump at the crown of Zooey’s head.
- The style went full-on glam when Mara pulled the hair back into a mid-height ponytail and pinned the ends under, creating a tucked chignon.
- To finish off the look Mara sprayed Pantene Normal to Thick Anti Humidity Hairspray all over for extra hold throughout the night.
Zooey also continued to channel her inner nail goddess by complementing her Old Hollywood look with retro televisions and a light smattering of Swarovski stars on her digits. Hunk o’ burning love celeb manicurist Tom Bachik created the peach look as Deschanel “…wanted to keep this look soft and fresh but sparkly.”
Get this look at home!
- Start by applying a thin yellow coat of L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail in Tweet Me
- Add a coat of L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail in Sweet Nothings
- Chunky silver metallic shade on random areas of the nails will create a glittery fade-out; add Swarovski crystals in the glitter
- Finish with hand-painted nail art
Posted by hillary on Sep 22, 2012 in Beauty |
MINX Halloween Limited Edition are now available online at MinxNails.com Are you adding accent nails or going all out with all 10 fingers?
CANDY CORN MOONS
FANGS FRENCH MANICURE
HALLOWEEN BREW SET
Posted by hillary on Sep 17, 2012 in Beauty |
CND’s new Nourishing Remover is set to ship! This remover replaces 100% acetone with a macadamia oil infused treatment that removes Shellac even faster – 8 minutes or less!
Perfect your service with this new addition. Clients with naturally brittle or dry nails will benefit from this formulation. Decant for safe client removal! Contact your local distributor.
Posted by hillary on Sep 16, 2012 in Fashion |
Topshop’s livestreamed show from London Fashion Week was a smashing success! Viewed by over 2 Million people in over 100 countries, the unique partnership with Facebook allowed consumers for the first time ever to mix and match pieces from the runway, select preferred colors and order immediately. A printed panel dress sold out within the hour and lipstick was sold every minute of the show.
A slew of celebrities attended the Topshop Unique SS13 show at Bedford Square:Elle Fanning, Luo Wang Dan, Olivia Parlermo, Poppy Delevingne, Leigh Lezark, Jessie Ware, Jess Mills, Atlanta de Cadenet, Harley Viera-Newton, Nicola Roberts, Delilah, Laura Carmichael, Daisy Lowe, Pixie Geldof, Shenae Grimes, Josh Beech and Sam Fry.
Topshop.com was clicked on by over 120 countries and had more traffic from the USA on one day than in its history, particularly exciting in a week were the brand has opened 15 new stores inside key cities with leading wholesaler Nordstorm. Congratulations for the success on this groundbreaking event.
Posted by hillary on Sep 14, 2012 in Fashion |
American Express Cardmember-Only Show: Spring 2013 Rachel Zoe Collection Runway Show , Q + A with Prabal Gurung and pre-show cocktail party with DJ Chelsea Leyland
Prabal Gurung, Deb Curtis at the American Express Cardmember-Only Show with Rachel Zoe
American Express presented a Spring 2013 runway show featuring designer, Rachel Zoe, exclusively for American Express Cardmembers on Thursday, September 13th at 6:30PM at Lincoln Center.
Zoe expanded her fashion empire in 2011, with the launch of her fashion line and is now a constant fixture at retailers worldwide.
A recent inductee into the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Zoe presented her second runway show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
The memorable evening, featured pre-show cocktails, conversation with Zoe and the unveiling of a new season with seven never-before-seen designs provided an unforgettable night of fashion.
Prabal Gurung Hosted an Intimate pre-show Q + A with Rachel Zoe – that’s hot