Fekkai Lead Stylist Paul Hanlon Creates an Undone, Edgy Look for 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Fall-Winter 2013 Fashion Week Runway Show
Fekkai stylist Paul Hanlon created an accidentally undone look for this season’s 3.1 Phillip Lim show. Hanlon drew his inspiration from the concept of a sophisticated, uptown girl with a rocker, downtown boyfriend. The edgy look complimented the effortlessly cool pieces in Lim’s collection.
1. Begin by combing a generous amount of Fekkai Full Blown Volume Styling Whip through damp hair
2. Create a defined part and blow dry hair using a round brush to create volume
3. Spray Fekkai Perfectly Luscious Curls Wave Activating Spray on the hair from mid-length strands to ends. Then, using a 1.5-inch curling iron create loose, natural looking waves with texture.
4. Next, gather hair towards the mid-back of the head and secure with a bobby pin. Don’t be too perfect with this; Hanlon purposefully played with unbalanced proportion. Girls with shorter hair can skip this step and leave the style loose.
5. Separate ends by applying Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Crème and mist hair lightly with Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray to finish the look.
All Products by Fekkai: Fekkai Full Blown Volume Styling Whip ($25), Fekkai Perfectly Luscious Curls Wave Activating Spray ($25), Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Crème ($25) and Fekkai COIFF Sheer Hold Hairspray ($39). All products available at Fekkai.com, ULTA.com, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.Read More
Despite the terrible weather, the party was popping last night at Victoria’s Secret in Woodfield Mall. VS held a nationwide event and I had the chance to be on hand providing polish changes using the just released nail polishes:
There were 18 colors available ( rumor has it there are 24 total) plus a new pump bottle of Polish Remover and a combination base/top coat. The colors were rich, and the formulation very creamy. The top choice of the night was the color “Classified”, a pink with rose or raspberry undertone. It somewhat matched the darker shade on the tablecloth.
The Sign-up sheet was filled in minutes! This was the first time VS has had a manicurist on-site, and it was a hit.
Next in line was a dark red called “LushWorthy” that had a gorgeous foil look to it. It was a classic red, with a twist.
Shhhh..she was in 6th grade and had come in with full nail polish art she had applied. Had to add hearts on the new Victoria’ s Secret polish on her fingers.
“Bitten” is the lightest color, and is what is used on all VS models for their shoots. One coat gave a clean look, and three gave a nice, opaque white/pink.
With raffles, mini waters, chocolates, discounts and double points, it was a fun night for everyone. Thanks for stopping by. If you pick up a bottle of the new Victoria’s Secret nail polish, let me know what color you selected!
Here is a roundup of the nails I’ve been sharing on Facebook or Twitter:
Negative Space Pink Mondrian nails
Negative Space Black & White Mod French
Happy Chinese New YearRead More
Come down to see me at Victoria’s Secret at Woodfield Mall for savings, sexy chocolates, triple points on purchases, and a polish change with their NEW Victoria’s Secret Lacquer line tonight. 6-8pm Now where did I put that Swarovski bra…
Sunday, February 10, 2013 6-8PM
- $25 OFF a $100 purchase
- $50 OFF a $200 purchase OR
- $75 OFF a $300 purchase
- Plus, get the World’s Sexiest Chocolates FREE with a $75 purchase
- A chance to win prizes, decadent chocolate tastings, and triple points on your Angel Card purchase!
- *Express mini manicures available. Sign up in stores at the event. Limited availability.