So excited that essie’s Summer 2015 collection is not only available in regular nail lacquer, but is also coming out in the essie gel polish under the same names! If you recall, the original 76 colors (1st and 2nd launch) had ‘as like’ names, since the gel was difficult to get an exact match on existing colors. A pretty tough feat to match over 30 years of top sellers. Happily they have been able to move forward with same named sets, which makes it easier when asking for our favorite colors. For nail professionals, new gel polish/polish sets are available at Saloncentric for your discerning clients.
essie Peachside Babe
essie Sunset Sneaks
essie Private Weekend
essie Saltwater Happy
essie Happy Wife Happy Life – radiant red orange
essie Hubby for Dessert – sheer candied lilac
essie Tying the Knotie – sheer floral pink
essie Brides No Grooms – bachelorette bright pink
essie Brides to Be – Softspoken caramel blush
essie Worth the Wait – coral kissed pink
Someone liked it!
Wella Professionals Celebrity Color Ambassador, Jennifer J. recently transformed Scarlett Johansson’s hair color for the premiere of the upcoming movie Hail! Caesar; where she stars alongside George Clooney, Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. Her mohawk-esque cut and beautiful new color are sure to stun on the Oscar red carpet! The color in the front is platinum/golden blonde which blends perfectly into the highlights on the top and into her natural color towards the back. Stay tuned for Scarlett’s debut of her edgy new look and beautiful blonde color tonight!
How to Get the Color:
Sides of Head
•Wella Professionals Blondor with 30 Volume
•Tone using Wella Professionals Illumina Color 10/69 plus 9/ with 10 Volume
Top of Head
•Highlight front to back with Wella Professionals Blondor and 30 Volume
•Apply Wella Professionals Illumina Color 9/03 with 20 Volume on roots (front only) and fade into the back of head to her natural color
Dakota Johnson by Mark Townsend – Get The Look
“Working with Dakota has been such an incredible and inspiring experience. For the 2015 Oscars I wanted her hair to reflect her personality and style, and the Saint Laurent gown she chose to wear was very vibrant. We decided her hair should be off the dress, but not necessarily up, so I went for a young, cool ponytail. She has the most amazing fringe so we kept them down with some face framing layers to keep the style modern and perfectly imperfect.
•To create the look, I started by adding a few drops of Dove Youthful Vitality Silk Crème to her damp hair and blow dried with a Mason Pearson brush.
•For texture and grip, I liberally sprayed Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo throughout her hair, then gathered it just above the occipital bone, securing with a tight elastic.
•The key to dressing up a ponytail is in the details, so I pulled a small amount of hair from the ponytail, wrapped it around the base to hide the elastic, and secured with bobby pins.
•To create additional texture I sprayed Sally Hershberger Glam Waves spray in my hands and raked it through the ponytail.
•I finished by spraying Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray to add shine and keep her hair in place all night.”
Nails by Deborah Lippmann
The Look: Chic, Modern and Effortless “Make-Under”
After feeling inspired by the latest “make-under” trend sweeping the catwalk and the red carpet, Giuliana Rancic decided it was time to make a change for Hollywood’s biggest night of the year. After being blonde for about 6 months, Giuliana decided to take it into her own hands, coloring her own hair with Vidal Sassoon Salonist Permanent At-Home Colour.
“Award Season is the busiest time of the year for me and I am constantly running around, so I needed a fresh, updated look that I also felt comfortable doing myself and maintaining.” Giuliana explained, “I’m a natural brunette, so by trading in my blonde hair, I didn’t have to worry about an obvious root line. Vidal Sassoon approached me to see if I wanted to try their new color kit, Salonist. To be honest, I was a bit nervous to try at-home color again because when I’ve colored my hair in the past, it’s always turned out dull and flat. However, with Salonist, I treated my roots & lengths separately, similar to what the pros do, so I felt like I was in good hands.” Giuliana explained that “one of my favorite things in the world is to experiment with hair color. I love switching my color every six months to give myself a fresh new look, so being able to make that switch myself but still get great results is huge!”
Giuliana Rancic colored her hair using Vidal Sassoon Salonist in Medium Gold Brown, transforming her hair color into a natural-looking, rich golden brown. This effortless yet rich brunette shade paired nicely with her red lipstick and Mireille Dagher dress, giving her a classic Hollywood glam look for the Oscars. Giuliana’s red dress and red lipstick made her dimensional hair color pop, and drew all eyes on her new hair look.
1. Prep: Mix Vidal Sassoon Salonist Colour Activating Lotion and Rich Colour Cream into the bowl using the expert brush until smooth and blended.
2. Apply Colour Cream to Roots: Be sure to identify the line on the bottom of the bowl, separating it into sections of ¾ and ¼. Using ¾ of the mix, brush the formula on the roots until covered, beginning with the center part and working your way around the hairline. Wait 20 minutes for the formula to set-in on the roots and hairline.
3. Transform Formula with Serum: Next, add the Vidal Sassoon Salonist Serum to the remaining ¼ of the formula, and mix contents together with the brush until smooth.
4. Apply Glaze to Lengths: Smooth it through the lengths of your hair as done in salons. Be sure to massage all of the hair including the roots to ensure optimal coverage. Wait 10 minutes for the formula to set-in, and then rinse out the colorant and shampoo hair.
5. Protect and Rinse: To finish, use the Vidal Sassoon Salonist Colour Preserving Conditioner and leave it on for 2 minutes. Continue to rinse and style as usual!
Products Used: Vidal Sassoon Salonist Permanent At-Home Colour in Medium Gold Brown – $13.99, VidalSassoon.com
Allison Williams kicked off the 2015 Golden Globes red carpet wearing a stunning floor-length strapless red dress and an asymmetrical bob. Her chic, classy look was a testament to Hollywood glamour.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout hair.
3. Work in Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Curl Enhancing Mousse from root to ends.
4. Create a deep side part and blow dry hair with a fine tooth comb.
5. Take medium sections of hair, starting from the top of the head, curl hair towards the face.
6. Using bobby pins, secure each curl flat to the head and lightly mist with Wella Professionals Spray Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
7. Once the hair has cooled, remove the pins and loosely brush out the lengths.
8. Shape the waves using Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray and Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade to define and prevent fly-aways.
9. Using bobby pins, curl the bottom of the hair up and under, and secure the hair to form the bob.
10. Finish off by spraying hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray and Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray leaving hair smooth, shiny and red carpet ready.
Stylist: Wella Professionals Stylist Renato Campora
· Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
· Wella Professionals Elements Daily Renewing Conditioner
· Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier
· Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Curl Enhancing Mousse
· Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
· Wella Professionals Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade
· Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray