She’s Got the Look: Wella WOWS at Cynthia Rowley and DKNY
Bold pops of color were part of Fashion Week F/W 2010 runway hair designs at Cynthia Rowley and DKNY, courtesy of Wella. Lead colorist Eva Scrivo shares how you too can get these looks come September:
The Look: A sleek, natural ponytail accented with the striking contrast of an artificial colored hair extension placed off center for an added tuft of textured fringe.
The Hair Color: Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect Special Mix shades were used to completely saturate the natural hair extensions with rich, vibrant, jewel-toned shades of the collection. The sophisticated nuances of the Special Mix collection allow for creativity without limits – turning any color fantasy into a reality on the runway or in real life. The multi-dimensional tones and layers reveal sensuous colors in a range of shades, while embedded with an element of surprise.
- System Professional Ultimation: Strong-hold hairspray with long-lasting hold and maximum shine
- 1. Section hair off and working from back of the head to the front, prepare hair with System Professional Ultimation hair spray for added texture and shine.
- 2. Create texture within each section by using a combination of a curling iron and crimping iron for non-uniform waviness.
- 3. Place Wella colored hair pieces that have been crimped within sections of the natural hair so that the extensions blend in seamlessly.
- 4. Pull the hair back into a soft ponytail at the nape of the neck with the ends flowing naturally, while allowing the streaks of color to show through for added dimension.
The Look: A refined side-swept ponytail projects a sexy equestrian vibe with a subtly strong, yet not too masculine look.
The Hair Color: Using Wella Professionals’ new Blondor collection to achieve the palest of blondes, and both the Koleston Perfect permanent and Color Touch demi-permanent collections to create a gorgeous palette of naturals, handpainted extensions were created within the natural color palette of the models’ hair. The range reflects beautiful dimension in a variety of hues – from medium brown to a beautiful spectrum of blonde shades.
- System Professional Volumagic: Natural hold styling foam for long-lasting volume
- System Professional Hypercurl: Provides texture and definition to curl patterns
- 1. Prepare damp hair with System Professional Volumagic and blow dry with a large round brush, creating a soft wave and giving direction for the side part.
- 2. Rake hands through hair to loosen the waves, pulling to the side of the part and fasten the low side ponytail.
- 3. Leave hair on the opposite side of the ponytail loose around the face to balance the asymmetry of the look.
- 4. Lightly smooth System Professional Hypercurl on the length of the ponytail for separation and added texture.