Images courrtesy Gavin Harwin Hair
Wella Professionals stylist, Gavin Harwin met with Lorde to discuss looks and she had an idea he ran with. “Taking the idea of a bound horse’s tail, I wanted to make the most of all the hair Lorde has while keeping it cool and modern.”
1. Starting with damp hair, spray Wella Professionals LuxeOil Leave In Conditioning Spray from root to tip.
2. Create a strict side part and blow dry with round brush.
3. Apply a dime size amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Elixir to mid-lengths and ends.
4. Use a flat iron section by section to amplify shine and sleekness.
5. Tightly tie hair at the nape of neck, wrapping the first three inches securely in 3/4 inch elastic band.
6. Spread a generous amount of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Elixir through the ponytail to create super high shine.
7. Finally, set the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray and a last mist of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray to finish.
Stylist: Wella Professionals Stylist Gavin Harwin
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Leave In Conditioning Spray
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir
· Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner
2. While hair is damp, apply a generous amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse to the roots then blow dry using a large round brush
3. To set the waves, wrap 2” inch sections of hair around hot rollers and remove after 15 minutes
4. Back comb hair from the roots and gently tousle curls using your fingers
5. Spray an even layer of Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to prevent flyaways
6. Finish look with a mist of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray for extra shine, texture and movement
Stylist: Wella Professionals Celebrity Ambassador, Andy LeCompte
· Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo
· Wella Professionals Elements Daily Renewing Conditioner
· Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse
· Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
· Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray
Claire Danes at the 2015 Golden Globes (Nominated for Best Actress)
Styled by Peter Butler using Vidal Sassoon
The Look: Soft and simple elegance
The Inspiration: Peter and Claire went for a simple yet elegant look. Careful as to not distract from her modern Valentino dress, Claire knew they wanted to create a glamorous yet wearable look. Claire’s elegant and captivating hairstyle is truly timeless and complements her Valentino feathered dress with a low collar. The hair look is soft and wearable, and is the perfect elegant complement to her stunning dress.
Here’s how Peter created Claire’s look:
1.Starting with her natural, low side-part, Peter blow-dried hair used the Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2.Using a 3-inch barrel curl, set the hair section by section and curl.
3.Pull hair back into a ponytail and secure it using a hair elastic.
4.Start twisting hair clockwise around the base of the elastic, into a pretzel-like shape. Once all of the ends are tucked in, secure the low chignon with 2-3 large bobby pins.
5.Be sure that around the edges of the face, bits and pieces of the hair fall away to create a moveable structure.
6.To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to give the look movable hold.
Dakota Johnson (50 Shades of Grey) by Mark Townsend– Get the Look!
“For the Golden Globes, I wanted to give Dakota Johnson effortless texture with a bit of volume and lift.
· To create this sexy and bendy look, I added four to five drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to her damp hair.
· Next, I added Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray to her roots before blowing out her hair with a large round brush.
· In order to get a unique and imperfect wave, I alternated between a double barrel R Session tool iron and a 1-inch curling iron on 4-inch sections.
· To top it off, I used R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo to get that piecey texture.
· Finally, for extra shine and piecey-ness I ran a dime size amount of the new Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum through her waves.”
Keira Knightley at the 2015 Golden Globes (Nominated for Best Supporting Actress)
Styled by Ben Skervin using Vidal Sassoon
The Look: Soft and fairytale like
The Inspiration: Ben and Keira went for a soft and pretty look – a style that was perfectly suited for one of the biggest award shows of the year. Paired perfectly with Keira’s gorgeous Chanel butterfly dress, they went for a style that is simple and right out of a fairytale. Keira’s classic and captivating hairstyle is truly timeless and was finished with a beautiful Chanel diamond feather above the bun.
Here’s how Ben created Keira’s look:
1. First prep damp hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Boost & Lift Foaming Air Mousse, applying throughout the hair for lift and hold.
2 .Blow-dry the hair with a large round brush. Once hair is dry, take two square inch sections and spray each section with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray.
3. Using an inch-wide barrel curling iron, wrap the 2-inch sections of hair in a spiral down the curling iron. Slide hair off and allow to cool. Repeat this over the whole head.
4. Once the curled hair has cooled, spray Vidal Sassoon ColorFinity Dry Shampoo into the roots. Brush the hair out really well to form waves and then backcomb the roots slightly.
5. Pull hair back into a low, loose ponytail and secure it with a hair elastic. Then, twist the ponytail into a loose bun and use a combination of bobby pins and U -pins to hold the hair in place. Be sure to refine the shape of the bun with pins.
6. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to keep flyaways in place.
Celebrity makeup artist Tricia Sawyer created the look for Robin Wright for the 2015 Golden Globes tonight using Orlane products.
“Robin is wearing a gorgeous long-sleeve, two-piece Ralph Lauren dress that shows a peek of her midriff. It has a beautiful, long flowly skirt that shows off her fantastic leg, so the look we decided to go with tonight was all about a classic look, with polished, glowing skin.
I started out by prepping her skin with Orlane Brightening Micellar Water which was really great to cleanse the skin but was also really hydrating. Then used three pumps of the Anti-Aging Oxygenation System and applied it to her face and neck. I’m a huge fan of this product and use it on my clients AND myself – what it does for the texture and tone of the skin is just amazing!
It’s so important to properly hydrate the skin, especially if you’re going to put makeup over it and want it to last all night. The more hydrated the skin, the less the skin tries to absorb the makeup. I applied Orlane Absolute Skin Recovery Masque lightly all over the face, pressing it into the skin with my hands which helps it to absorb better and stimulates the skin.
For the base, I applied the Orlane Teint Absolue in Shade 13 (launching Spring 2015). It is an amazing foundation because it gives great, buildable coverage but is still really hydrating. For her eyes, we kept it simple with black liner on top, Sonia Kashuk Dramatically Brightening Eye Pencil in White on the inside of the eyes, Orlane Volume Care Mascara and individual eye lashes to open up the eyes, and great brows using Dior Universal Brow Pencil.
To give some color to the face, I dusted on a blush and used Orlane Bronzer to lightly contour her cheekbones and jaw. Then I went back and dusted Orlane Transparent Loose Powder where needed to keep the makeup in place all night.”
All Orlane (@orlane_paris) products are available at www.orlane.com.